Applying for Citizenship
Becoming a citizen of the United States is a difficult process, even for permanent residents that have established themselves inside the country. Many of those who have applied for citizenship have learned that their applications were denied before they even had the opportunity to take the citizenship test. With ever-changing requirements and a shifting political landscape, hiring a dedicated immigration law firm can offer you the best chance possible to becoming a full citizen of the U.S.
Book a virtual consultation with Martinez Immigration to start the immigration process on the right foot.
We Help You Meet US Citizenship Requirements
Even the most well-meaning permanent resident can have unexpected difficulties occur during the citizenship application process. For example: it’s not unusual for someone to have a bench warrant issued for a minor traffic violation without ever being aware of it. The sheer size of the United States and the number of jurisdictions makes the possibility for this kind of misunderstanding all too likely.
By finding and helping you handle outstanding matters prior to your application, Martinez Immigration can help you succeed in your quest.
How to Get US Citizenship
The naturalization process has unlocked full citizenship rights for millions of American immigrants. There are strict standards, of course, but the rewards are worth the time and energy. To become a U.S. citizen through naturalization, you must:
- Be 18 or older
- Be a permanent resident (green card holder) for at least five years
- Demonstrate continuous U.S. residence for 5 years at the time of application
- Prove that you have been physically present for a minimum of 30 months (out of 5 years) at the time of application
- Prove at least 3 months of residence in your state or district of application
- Be a person of good moral character
- Read, write, and speak English at a satisfactory level
- Pass a U.S. government and history (civics) test
- Respect and adhere to the U.S. Constitution’s “principles and ideals”
- Be willing to swear an oath of allegiance to the United States
Ready to start your journey to citizenship? Book a virtual consultation with Martinez Immigration today.
We got you covered!
No Matter What your immigration needs or questions are…
We take great pride in providing immigration services to our clients. Our mission to reunite families drives us to succeed.