New York Immigration Lawyer
New York is currently experiencing a high influx of immigrants. Specifically, New York City has seen more than 100,000 people who have arrived in recent months, and “more than half are currently staying at shelters and other emergency sites.”
If you are seeking advocacy and legal support, Martinez Immigration takes great pride in providing people with the very best representation. We offer guidance and assistance for the unique legal circumstances of our clients throughout the United States. We are here to protect your rights, explain your options, and help you and your loved ones take the proper steps to live and work legally in the U.S. Speak with an immigration lawyer in New York today.
Book a consultation with a New York immigration lawyer today.
The Role of Immigration Lawyers in New York
We are a full-service legal firm and treat all our clients with empathy and compassion.
Immigration legal services include but are not limited to the following:
- Adjustment of status: Individuals in the United States who want to remain in the country permanently rather than temporarily must apply for lawful permanent resident (LPR) status. Green card application assistance and interview preparation.
- Asylum and refugee applications: There are three primary ways asylum-seekers can apply for protected status in the United States: the affirmative process, the defensive process, and the expedited process.
- Citizenship: Represent current immigrants and non-immigrants seeking to obtain U.S. citizenship. We have helped many clients become proud U.S. citizens, and we can help you.
- DACA: If you came to America as a minor, you might qualify for federal deferred-action protections. An experienced DACA lawyer can help you review your options.
- Expedite services: Represent current immigrants and non-immigrants who want to obtain USCIS expedited requests.
- Humanitarian visas: There are several humanitarian visas available to immigrants depending on your individual circumstances, including a Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Visa, a U Visa, and a T Visa.
- Marriage Visa: Provide immigration advice and legal support transnational couples need to keep them together under United States law.
- Removal defense: ICE bond applications, detention representation, EOIR representation, adjustment of status
While our services vary depending on each client’s unique needs and goals, the process always begins with an initial consultation. During this virtual appointment, a member of our team will discuss your situation, explain your options, and take the time to answer any questions and address your concerns.
From there, we will develop a strategy to resolve your immigration matter, gather documentation, and prepare the necessary paperwork to move forward. We continually monitor your case throughout the proceedings and update you on any developments.
Understanding Immigration Law in New York
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) governs and enforces immigration laws nationwide. The DHS oversees the agencies that handle Immigration Law, including ICE, Customs and Border Patrol (CBP), and the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS.)
Learn how a New York immigration attorney can help your case today.
At Martinez Immigration, we are knowledgeable about all current legislation affecting these issues in New York, including the following:
- N.Y. Assembly Bill 9612: Signed into law on June 25, 2002, it gives qualified undocumented students access to in-state college tuition, state financial aid, and scholarships.
- Green Light Law: This law allows applicants aged 16 and up to apply for a driver’s license regardless of their citizenship status or documentation.
In addition, New York is a “sanctuary state” for undocumented immigrants. Sanctuary states have more favorable state immigration policies, which may conflict with federal guidelines. We leverage our experience and skills to help you navigate both state and federal immigration laws. Two of our key practice areas include Visa Applications and Deportation Defense.
Navigating Visa Applications
Immigrant visas are available for foreign nationals intending to live and work permanently in the U.S. Generally, a family member or employer sponsors that individual—although there are situations where an immigrant can petition for themselves. We will determine eligibility for a visa and work with you or your relative to complete the application and prepare for entry to the U.S. if approved.
Deportation Defense Strategies
We also represent individuals who may have violated the terms of their residency or fallen out of legal immigration status, resulting in deportation (removal) proceedings. This can be a difficult situation. However, in many cases, some form of relief is possible to avoid deportation. We explore various options to help prevent removal and keep your family together in the U.S.
Check out how a New York immigration lawyer can help today.
Schedule a Consultation with Martinez Immigration
There are multiple paths to immigrate to the United States, establish permanent residency, and become a citizen. However, with any visa, the process is complex and subject to dynamic and changing immigration laws and policies. However, you don’t have to take this journey alone.
Kathleen Martinez, an immigration lawyer in New York founded her virtual law firm to help clients across the country at an affordable cost. As the spouse of a first-generation Mexican immigrant, Martinez understands the legal and personal challenges of navigating evolving immigration laws in the U.S. Book a consultation today.
We got you covered!
No Matter What your immigration needs or questions are…
We take great pride in providing immigration services to our clients. Our mission to reunite families drives us to succeed.