L1 Visa Lawyer
The L1 visa is crucial for multinational companies looking to transfer key personnel to the United States. Despite its importance, navigating the visa process is challenging and often requires guidance. An L1 visa lawyer helps you through each step, ensuring you meet all L1 visa requirements. With our dedicated team by your side, you can focus on your role in the business while we handle the complexities of the legal process.
Book a virtual consultation with our employment immigration lawyer today!
What is an L1 Visa?
The L1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows foreign workers to transfer their skills and knowledge to the United States. It enables companies to move key personnel, such as executives, managers, or employees with specialized knowledge. The L1 visa facilitates this without going through the lengthy process of obtaining a green card.
L1 Visa Types
There are two types of L1 visas – the L1A and the L1B. The former is for executives and managers, while the latter is for employees with specialized knowledge. Regardless of which type you apply for, the employee must work for a qualifying organization in their home country before being transferred to an American-based branch or affiliate.
Contact us today to learn how Martinez Immigration can help with your employment immigration case.
The L1 Visa Process Explained
Our employment immigration lawyer can streamline the process to reduce confusion and complete the filing faster. Here are the main steps you might follow:
- Filing the Petition: The employer starts the L1 visa process by filing a Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker. This form is the official request for the employee’s transfer to America.
- Petition Approval: Once USCIS receives your petition, it reviews the application for the requirements. The application review includes checking documentation supporting the beneficiary’s managerial or specialized skills.
- Visa Application: After USCIS approves the petition, the beneficiary can apply for the L1 visa at the U.S. Embassy or a consulate overseas. This step involves submitting a DS-160 form online, paying the visa application fee, and scheduling a visa interview.
- Visa Interview: During the visa interview, a consular officer assesses the candidate’s eligibility for the visa. This step requires the beneficiary to present all essential documents.
- Visa Issuance: If the visa interview is successful, the L1 visa will be issued, allowing the employee to travel to the U.S. and undertake employment. The visa’s duration depends on the specific L1 visa type (L1A or L1B).
Speak with an employment immigration lawyer today.
Contact Martinez Immigration to Start the L1 Visa Process
Our experienced L1 visa lawyer can provide invaluable assistance throughout the process. We help with everything from filing the petition to preparing your employee for the visa interview. Our team of experienced attorneys has helped numerous clients through the L1 visa process, and we can do the same for you. Schedule a consultation with Martinez Immigration today.
We got you covered!
No Matter What your immigration needs or questions are…
We take great pride in providing immigration services to our clients. Our mission to reunite families drives us to succeed.